Digital Public Relations/Influencer Marketing Intern
Positions available: 2 interns
We are currently looking for a rockstar Digital PR/Influencer Marketing Intern with a strong passion for digital media, digital marketing, and public relations/digital journalism.
This part-time unpaid internship role will involve the strategic development, management and execution of digital PR campaign for Trep Talks Education Platform (http://treptalks.com) across a diverse range of online blogs, online/offline publications, and media outlets.
A key part of this role is identifying and developing relationships with popular blogs, online influencers, and journalists; pitching them post/story ideas; as well as creation of press releases and blog/story content.
This internship will not involve making coffee, sorting mails, or answering phone calls. You will get an opportunity to take a leadership role in planning and executing a real-world PR campaign. This internship will allow you to gain new skills as well as the opportunity to build a stellar portfolio that will prepare you for a career in digital media, digital marketing and/or public relations.
Trep Talks (http://treptalks.com) is an education platform for digital entrepreneurs. We create and curate high quality on-demand courses from expert instructors as well as helpful resources on a variety of topics related to digital entrepreneurship and digital marketing.
Our goal is to become the #1 source of education and training for entrepreneurs and businesses looking to start and/or grow a business online.
Trep Talks Media Inc. is based out of Toronto, Ontario.
Please note: This is a remote position.
The interns will require access to a computer (ideally a laptop) and high-speed internet. The meetings and projects will be coordinated using web/cloud based tools and applications.
Weekly meetings and training sessions will be organized using online tools/web applications.
Role Description & Responsibilities
This is a real opportunity for you to demonstrate your strategic and creative leadership skills. You will be responsible for developing and executing a real world digital PR campaign for Trep Talks.
The result of a successful campaign would be publication of relevant blog posts, articles and stories in reputable online/offline blogs, publications, and media outlets. Your role and responsibilities will include the following:
- You will identify company (end) goals for the PR campaign as well as identify indicators of success
- You will research, identify and list potential media outlets most suitable for meeting the goals identified in #1
- You will create a PR strategy and develop an editorial calendar
- Based on #3, you will begin media outreach and pitch them relevant story ideas
- You will create press release and content to be published
- You will measure the effectiveness of your PR campaign against the goals/indicators identified in #1
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
We will provide you with relevant training and ongoing support. However, in order to thrive and be successful in this role, you will be/have:
- Initiative driven and entrepreneurial
- Passion for digital media, digital marketing, and PR
- Able to devote 6-8 hours per week on internship related tasks
- Strong research and written skills. Experience in writing and editing is highly desirable
- Web and tech savvy – familiar with using online tools, web based applications, Microsoft Office etc.
- Strong communication skills. The role involves liaising with influencers, journalists, and media outlets. You would be comfortable pitching ideas via email, phone etc. Previous sales experience would be beneficial
- Familiar with current and emerging digital media platforms such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest forums and blogs etc.
- Great time management skills and attention to detail
- Educational background in journalism, communications, or public relations is an asset but not required
Ongoing training opportunities will be provided via
- One on one training sessions
- Access to relevant books, courses, and case studies
- Interviews with thought leaders in the field
The training will provide interns with a solid foundation to create and implement a successful strategic digital PR campaign.
Ongoing supervision, feedback and mentoring will be provided via weekly strategy calls.
We will provide excellent references upon successful completion of the internship.