What kind of content is good fit for TrepNation?
Actionable, relevant, well-researched, in-depth and practical.
We like posts that help our readers to solve a specific problem related to starting or growing their online business.
You can write about a wide range of topics (categories) including (but not limited to):
||Capital & Financing
||Coaching & Mentoring
||Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
|| Paid Search Marketing (PPC)
||Public Relations (PR)
||Sales & Persuasion
||Social Media Marketing
||User Experience (UX)
You can choose to write about a broad topic (e.g. Ultimate Guide to Twitter Marketing) or you can choose a narrow topic and dive deep into it (e.g. How To SEO Optimize Your Blog Posts for maximum Search Visibility).
An ultimate guide would obviously be much longer than exploring a narrow topic. A few words about post length here >>
Asking the following questions may also help guide you through the process:
1. Will the article help online business owners step closer to or even achieve their business or financial objectives (i.e. is the post relevant to an online business owner)?
2. Is the article practical and actionable?
3. Have you included clear instructions that even a non-technical person can follow and replicate?
4. Have you minimized fluff information?
How to make a post actionable and practical?
We are not just interested in “What to do”, we also want the “How to do it” along with it.
A picture is worth a thousand words…
The more detailed you can be (using images, screenshots, even videos) in explaining step-by-step how to do something, or how you achieved a certain result, the easier it would be for a readers to follow and implement your suggestions, strategies and tactics in their businesses.
We also encourage you to reference and link to other relevant resources on the web that explore an aspect of your post topic that you don’t necessarily wish to cover in your own post.
Disclaimer: As every post is reviewed by a member of our team, any posts containing spam, promotional or irrelevant links will be rejected. We DO NOT accept affiliate links.
Here are some post types that you may wish to consider
1) Case Studies
Case studies give you the opportunity to share specific results that you have gained implementing a certain strategy, tactic or tool within your business.
E.g. Let’s say that you implemented a new social media tactic using a specific web based tool and it allowed you to generate extra traffic to a specific page on your website which in turn allowed to generate leads and make more sales.
If you think that other business owners can apply the same strategy and get similar results (or there is a lesson for them) then it would make a great case study post.
In such a post you would likely discuss some of the following points:
1) What is the business relevance of implementing this particular strategy/tactic? (again we want to tie everything to business/financial objectives)
2) Share a step-by step tutorial (including screenshots, images, videos) of how you implemented the tactic.
3) How you tracked the results, include screenshots of your results.
4) A discussion of why you think the tactic worked.
5) Can others replicate the same tactic/results in their businesses?
6) In your discussion, feel free to include links to other website(s) that help explain a certain aspect of the method in detail.
2) Well Researched How To’s
What if you don’t have any case studies to share?
You can write a well researched “How To” type article where you go in depth into a certain topic and share insights, best practices and results that others have achieved using certain strategies/tactics or tools.
The key to such a post is providing relevant references (links etc.) that allows a reader to explore the topic, strategy or tactic in detail.
3) List Posts
Think of this as “X ways of doing Y” or “X ways of achieving Y“
List posts usually make great blog posts. However, a word of caution.
As mentioned above, we are interested in actionable and practical content. Therefore, you need to make sure that your post and list items are well-researched, include examples and step-by-step instructions that help readers take action.
4) Ultimate Guide
Think of the ultimate guide as a more elaborate version of the “How To” type of post where you explore a broad or narrow topic in great detail.
Want to try something different? Pitch us your idea at [email protected]