Rick Winfield shares the story of how listening to his customers allowed him to rapidly grow his technology company and sell it for mid-seven figures.
Prefer Audio Version (.MP3)? – Right Click Here and Save.
Rick Winfield is the founder of ComputerTrainingSchools.com (sold to Quinstreet). He is also and Investor/Advisor to numerous startups (focus on Lead Gen/Internet Marketing/Internet Technology).
Things You Will Learn In This Interview
In this interview Rick Winfield shares the story of how he created ComputerTrainingSchools.com, some of the initial startup challenges, how listening to his customers allowed him to tweak his monetization strategy, and what made him decide to sell his company.
The big lesson that Rick shares in this interview is that you always have to be willing listen to your customers. You may have grand ideas in your own head but, in the context of a business, they are useless if your customers don’t find them useful. Some of the questions and topics that I discussed with Rick are as follows:
1. How did he get the idea for ComputerTrainignSchools.com and what were the first steps he took to start the business?
2. What were some of the Startup challenges Rick faced when starting a tech company?
3. How he financed the early phases of his startup?
4. How did he go about finding his first paying customers?
5. Why did he decide to change his monetization strategy and how did it accelerate his business growth?
6. What made him decide to sell his company?
7. What was the negotiation process for selling the company?
8. What was the first thing he did after selling his company?
9. His biggest advice for entrepreneurs.
People, Book Recommendations, and Resources of Interest Mentioned In This Interview
Did you find this interview useful? Please write your comments, questions, suggestions in the comments box below.